Monday, October 11, 2010

Fall Weather!

How quickly the seasons change. Driving two hours west on Friday, I expected the temperature to drop a few degrees but was completely unprepared for the 15 degree temperature difference. Add the wind chill on that and it felt like winter!! I looked like a goof walking around in my under armor pants but it was that or my capris and sneakers!! I hope that this early cold means more snow for the winter!!

At least, the leaves were blazing with color, if the sun hit the trees, they looked like a patchwork quilt of greens, reds, oranges and yellow blending together. My favorite trees are the ones that can't seem to make up their minds, with color spreading from one side while morphing into another on the other side!!

5 comments:

  1. I like the multi color trees too. I like the way you made me think the tree could not decide what color it wanted to be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am NOT ready for cold weather! I think warm clothing trumps fashion whenever necessary.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Out here, it is the quickly darkening afternoons that tell me we are in for a change.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Reading your story reminded me about a tree I saw yesterday with so much red in the middle and then the color fading to the outside - it looked like the tree had a "heart."

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this time of year. I love driving down my street seeing all of the trees tinged with yellow (and some red and orange). Fall just makes me happy.
    -Stacey

    ReplyDelete